If there’s one thing I’m learning about pregnancy is this:
It’s ALL perfectly normal and, at the same time, probably a reason to panic.
- Cramping? Perfectly normal. Until it’s not.
- Spotting? Perfectly normal. Until it’s leads to heavy bleeding.
- Can’t hear a heartbeat? That happens sometimes. Until there’s a miscarriage.
- Peeing all the time? Totally healthy sign. OR it’s gestational diabetes.
- Lower back aches? Par for the coarse. Unless it’s preeclampsia!
- Craving sushi? Raw fish is fine in small amounts… until it kills your baby and steals your identity!!!
Take any pregnancy symptom and it’s both a good or bad sign. And couple that with all the hormones, it’s a recipe for getting overwhelmed and crying on our couch in the middle of the day.
So my response to this is to just say “whatever.”
Until a medical professional looks me in the eye and tells me I need to worry about something… I ain’t worryin’ about it.
A cramp is just a tired AF uterus. A back ache is just a nuisance. And I’m down to trust raw fish and lunch meat. And so far, so good.
Anyone else going crazy with the mixed messages on pregnancy symptoms? How are you keeping sane through your sea of hormones?